(Chè Sâm Bổ Lượng) - One of healthy Vietnamese Dessert Recipes which I really want to introduce these days is Sam Bo Luong Sweet Soup.
Like other sweet soup (chè), Chè Sâm Bổ Lượng will you reduce the heat inside when hot weather comes. The sweetness mainly comes from herb fruits like dried apple, lotus, sea weed etc …
- Fresh or dried lotus seeds: 200g- Chinese pearl barley (Bo bo): 40g, buy at any Asian markets
- Mung bean (including cover): 150g
- Dried longan: 100g
- Dried apple: 100g
- Sea weed: 40g
- 1 small lotus fruit
- Tapioca fruit: 100g
- Palm sugar: 150g
- Soak mung bean, Chinese pearl barley, dried longan, dried apple into different bowls with water. Wait for 1 night. Next day, we can start cooking one of stunning Vietnamese Dessert Recipes for family. Boil water and then add lotus seeds into pot. Cook until it is soft and add more 50g palm sugar.
- Peel off the cover of tapioca fruit, slice into small cubes and put into pot. Cook until it absorbs all sugar and turn off the heat (15 – 20 minutes).
- Cook Chinese pearl barley in water, stew until it is soft. Next, pour them into basket and clean quickly with cold water. Clean well dried longan, dried apple and wait to get dry. Peel off the cover of lotus fruit, slice thinly about 0,5cm.
- Use one small pot, add 2 – 3 bowls water and add lotus fruit for stewing in 15 – 20 minutes. Then, add more mung bean and 2 – 3 bowls water into pot. Stew until they are soft, add more 50g palm sugar and cook more 10 minutes to absorb sugar. Soak sea weed into water about 30 minutes. Clean few times and wait to dry.
- Cook 500ml water with 50g sugar. Pour lotus seeds and tapioca fruit above into pot. Wait until it boils; add more Chinese pearl barley, mung bean and lotus fruit into pot. Then, add sea weed, dried longan, dried apple wait to boil and turn off the heat. Do not cook too long; their crispy will not exist longer.
- Sam Bo Luong Sweet Soup will more delicious when adding more ice. Moreover, as you can see, it is not only fresh, but also really good for health with many good ingredients like apple, mung bean, lotus, sea weed.