(Bò Bít Tết) - Many Vietnamese people usually use Vietnamese Beef Steak for breakfast meals. They usually serve it with bread (bánh mì), fried egg, fried potatoes, salad, cucumber and liver pâté.
- 400gr beef meat (no bone)
- Live Pâté
- Salad, cucumber
- Vinegar, salt, pepper, tapioca starch, vegetable oil, sugar
- Cast iron pan.
- Clean beef meat carefully. Use paper napkin to make it dry. Use knife to slice into medium pieces. Next, use pestle to smash until beef becomes soft.
- Marinate with a little salt + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (or oyster oil) + 1 teaspoon tapioca starch, mix well and wait about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Peel off the cover of potato. Slice into long and thin pieces. Soak into cold water added a little salt and some ice balls in 30 minutes. Pour water out and wait to dry. Next, bring to fry deeply into hot oil until turn yellow.
- Peel off the cover of cucumber, slice thinly; mix with a little salt, sugar, vinegar. Season until it is sour and sweet flavor.
- Clean carefully salad in water added a little salt in 2 – 3 times. Slice into short parts and do the same process.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil, wait to hot, put one by one beef meat into pan and fry with large heat. When this face is cooked, turn another face and continue to fry. Next, add egg, pâté into pan. If you love tomato, you can add more them into pan.
- As you may know, cast iron pan can keep the heat in long time so beef is cooked really fast. Turn off the heat, put on wood piece. Because pan is still really hot, so it can make egg is cooked.
- When serving, bring bread, fried potato, salad and cucumber together on plate. Mix egg and pâté together when eating, Vietnamese Beef Steak will bring a stunning flavor in your mouth.