Huế Style Sweet Soup (Chè Huế) is the amazing combination between condensed milk, mung bean and jelly.
Huế Style Sweet Soup originally comes from many stunning Vietnamese Dessert Recipes.
Making milk jelly
- Soft jelly flour: 7g
- Water: 300ml
- Condensed milk: 1 tablespoon
Making mung bean
- Mung bean (no cover): ½ bowl
- Sugar: 2 tablespoons
Making coconut syrup
- Coconut milk: 200ml
- Corn starch: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Roasted peanut
- Condensed milk
- Clean mung bean in 2 – 3 times. Soak in cold water about 1 – 2 hours. Next, wash again carefully. Pour them into pot, add more water and bring to cook with small heat. Sometime, use spoon to stir well to make sure mung bean will not be burnt on the bottom. My tip: pour water is equal the surface of mung bean.
- When mung bean is soft, add more sugar, use spoon to stir well. Turn off the heat, wait to reduce heat, and bring it to grind well. Then, add mung bean into pot, do not stop stirring when cooking. Cook more 5 – 10 minutes and turn off the heat. This mung bean mixture is required not too thick.
- Making milk jelly: add soft jelly flour into pot, add more water and use spoon to stir well until jelly flour is melted. Wait in 15 minutes. Bring to cook with small heat; do not stop stirring when cooking. Cook until it starts boiling, add more condensed milk into pot.
- Cook with small heat until jelly flour is melted, turn off the heat. Scoop into big bowl, wait to reduce heat and put in fridge.
- After that, cut it into small cubes.
- Peel off the cover of roasted peanut, smash quickly.
- Making coconut syrup: add coconut milk into pot, add more corn starch, sugar, salt and cook with small heat until this mixture starts boiling and becomes thick. Turn off the heat and wait to reduce heat.
When serving, add a little mung bean on the bottom of glass, add more milk jelly, mung bean mixture again, coconut syrup, condensed milk and a little roasted, grinded ice and now you can enjoy Huế Style Sweet Soup.