Lotus Seeds Sweet Soup with Grass Jelly (Chè Hạt Sen và Thạch Đen) is really simple for cooking and also really tasty and fresh.
300g dried/fresh lotus seeds
Grass jelly (100 – 150g)
50g palm sugar
- Clean well dried lotus seeds. If you choose fresh ones, you should remove the cores of them. They are really bitter.
- Cook 2 bowls water until it boils, add lotus seeds into pot and cook until it is soft. Sometime, use spoon to scoop away the dirty bubbles on surface.
- Add more sugar and cook with small heat. You should wait until lotus seeds are soft and add sugar. Do not add too soon, it is not tasty anymore. Here is also my tip for one of stunning Vietnamese Dessert Recipes like this one. Season to suit your flavor.
- Slice grass jelly into small cubes. If you cannot find this grass jelly, you also can make it at home by buying grass jelly agar and following the instruction on bag.
- When serving, scoop lotus seed sweet soup into bowl, add more sliced grass jelly and ice, mix well and enjoy Lotus Seeds Sweet Soup with Grass Jelly.