(Chè Khoai Lang Tím) - One hot Purple Yam Sweet Soup is never better in cold days. It originally comes from many stunning Vietnamese Cuisine.
Ingredients- Purple yam: 400gr
- Sticky rice: ¼ bowl
- Sugar (depend on your flavor)
- Clean carefully sticky rice, then soak into water added a little salt over night.
- Peel off the cover of purple yam. Clean and slice into small cubes.
- Pour sticky rice in pot, add 1 liter water and cook with small heat until sticky rice is soft.
- Next, add more sliced purple yam into pot, cook with small heat. Sometime you should use spoon to stir well to make sure that sticky rice will not be sticked in the bottom pot.
- When purple yam is soft, add more sugar and conitnue cook about 5 – 7 minutes. It depends on your flavor when adding sugar. Turn off the heat.
- Scoop into bowl and bring to serve. I suggest you should eat when Purple Yam Sweet Soup is hot. Moreover, you can add a little coconut syrup + roasted peanut on face before eating. It will increase your dish’s flavor.