(Chè Khoai Lang và Hạt Sen) - Sweet Potato with Lotus Seed Sweet Soup is one of interesting Vietnamese Dessert Recipes you should try for this summer.
Ingredients- Fresh/dried lotus seeds: 200g
- Sweet potatoes: 1 – 2
- Big tapioca pearls: 2 tablespoons
- Tapioca pearls: 1 teaspoon small
- Palm sugar
- Coconut milk: 200ml
- Peel off the cover of sweet potato, slice into medium pieces and soak in water added a little salt in 15 minutes. Then, wash again with fresh water.
- Boil water, add dried lotus seed into pot; cook until they are soft. Turn off the heat. If you choose using fresh lotus seeds, before cooking, you should take away the cores of them, clean with water.
- Boil water again in different pot, soak big tapioca pearls and boil until they are clear and float on top. Pour into basket and wash immediately with cold water to make sure they will not stick together. With small tapioca pearls, soak them into water until they are bigger (15 – 30 minutes).
- Add sweet potatoes into pot, add more water (3 – 4 bowls), cook until it is soft, and add more lotus seed in step 3. If you use fresh lotus seeds, you do not boil them before make this step. Here is also the important step to create one of fantastic Vietnamese Dessert Recipes for your family dessert meal.
- Then, pour coconut milk into pot, cook with small heat and add more palm sugar. Cook more 15 minutes.
- Next, add big tapioca pearls and cook more 5 – 10 minutes.
- After that, add more small tapioca pearl and use spoon to stir gently to make sure this dessert will not be burnt on the bottom. Season with sugar again to suit your flavor.
- Eating when it is hot or cold is all delicious.