(Bánh trung thu rau câu) - Vietnamese Agar Moon Cake Recipe for Mid Autumn Festival. There have many kinds of Cakes in this festival as Traditional Baking Moon Cakes (Banh Trung Thu Nuong) and Soft ones (Banh Trung Thu Deo).
Today, I will show you the new way for making Moon Cake with main ingredient is Agar.
Cover of Moon Cakes
- Agar flour: 25gr
- Water: 2 liters
- Sugar: 400gr
- Condensed Milk
Filling of Moon Cakes
- Green bean without cover: 1kg
- Sugar: 1kg
- Olive oil: ½ small bowl
- Sliced squashjams: 200gr
- Sliced gingerjams: 200gr
- Watermelon seeds: 200gr
- White sesame seeds: 200gr
- Some drops essential oil of pomelo
- 15-20 yolks of salted Eggs.
- Boil green beans in water until they are soft.
- After that, you use a big spoon to mash them all. Then, add a little sugar into mixture and stir frequently. This process requires about 15 mins.
- Most important step making filling of Moon cakes is add more ½ small bowl into the mixture and cook it with small heat.
- Next, add sliced gingerjams, squashjams, sesame seeds, watermelon seeds and some drops of essential oil of pomelo into mixture and turn off the heat.
- Separate the mixture to 15 – 20 scoops, in the central of each scoops, add 1 steamed yolk salted egg.
- With the cover of agar moon cakes, soak agar flour in 2 liters water about 15 minutes. Then, boil it till the the agar water turns transparently. Reduce to small heat and add all sugar and condensed milk into the mixture. Cook more 15 minutes.
- Arrange Cake Molds in the way you can pour the mixture into them easily. Each cake mold, you pour a halt of mold. Then wait until the haft mixure is nearly thick, you add a scoop of mashed green bean in the central and pour continue mixure to fill the molds.
- The final step of Agar Moon Cakes, one of stunning Vietnamese Dish recipes is wait the mixture into cake mold get cold. Next, put them out the molds. . And you can serve it to your family now.
However, instead of using Green Bean with seeds, you can use fruits if you love it.