(Bò Tái Chanh) - One of my favorite Vietnamese Cuisine in these days is Beef in Lemon Juice. Eating with vegetables is the perfect way to enjoy.
- 300g beef
- Carrot, lotus roots
- Fish sauce, sliced chili, coriander
- Purple onion
- Deep fried shrimp cakes (Bánh Phồng Tôm) – Buy at Vietnamese Markets
- Lemon juice, fish sauce, salt, Magi’s stuff, pepper
- Clean beef meat. Marinate with a little salt, Magi’s stuff, pepper, mix well and put in fridge about 1 hour.
- Peel off the cover of carrot, clean with lotus roots. Next, slice thinly and soak in mixture vinegar + sugar.
- Boil water, soak sliced beef quickly about 3 – 4 minutes. In my experiences for making one of stunning Vietnamese Food Recipes like this one, you can add lemon juice instead of boiling water on beef meat to have a rare meat.
- Making sauce: Mix fish sauce with minced garlic, chili, sugar, lemon juice/vinegar together. Season until it has a little sweet and sour is perfect.
- When serving, mix beef meat with mixture lotus roots, carrot and dipping sauce. Then, sprinkle more fried purple onion and roasted peanut on face of food. To increase its specific flavor, you can add more sliced coriander and Vietnamese mint herb when eat Beef in Lemon Juice.