From many popular Vietnamese Fish Recipes, today, I would like to introduce Braised Anchovy Fish with Star Fruit Recipe (Cá Cơm Kho Khế) for all you guys. It is usually served with steamed rice and hot soup. Utor storm is coming to South East Asia and bring many heavy rains to Saigon.
Why don’t we choose to cook this dish for all members in family these days? The combination between anchovy and star fruit will increase its flavor and make you have a good appetite. So, are you ready to cook one of stunning Vietnamese Fish Recipes with me? By following my simple instruction below, you can create a stunning dish for yourself and family.
Ingredients- 300g anchovy fishes
- 1 star fruit
- 100g half lean half fat pork meat
- Salt, sugar, pepper, shallot, chili, fish sauce, Magi’s stuff
- Clay pot.
Process- Clean well fish sauce in water added a little salt few times. Soak in warm water about 15 minutes.
- Clean well star fruit, cut off the edges and slice thinly.
- Marinate anchovy with ½ teaspoon Magi’s stuff, ½ teaspoon salt, wait about 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sugar + 1 tablespoon water, cook until it turns brown yellow. Here is the first step to create one of stunning Vietnamese Fish Recipes from me.
- Clean and slice pork meat thinly, add into mixture in step 4, fry well with a little fish sauce.
- Fry about 2 – 3 minutes; continue adding anchovy + sliced star fruit + deep fried shallot + sliced chili + 1tablespoon sugar into clay pot. Cover and cook with small heat about 20 – 25 minutes. Season again to suit your flavor.
- Next, open the lib, braise more 10 – 15 minute or until all broth of this dish is absorb into fish. Sprinkle more sliced spring onion + pepper on top. Turn off the heat.
- Finally, you can serve this dish with steamed rice and hot soup for all members in family. I suggest you should eat when it is hot to maintain the specific flavor. Share with me your experiences when cooking one of stunning it and do not miss our next Vietnamese Fish Recipes tomorrow. Good luck for your cooking and have a good appetite.