(Gà Sốt Cam) - Braised Chicken with Orange is come from many interesting Vietnamese Cuisine.
An amazing combination between the sweetness from orange with chicken meat and spices will create a fantastic flavor which you have never tasted before. Serving with boiled rice and hot soup is my choice. It is really boring today and that is the reason why I created this dish for my family meal.
- 3 – 4 big chicken thighs or 300g filet chicken
- 1 – 2 American oranges
- 1 – 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- Salt, sugar, Magi’s stuff, garlic, shallot, oyster oil
- 1 teaspoon mixture lemongrass with condensed black sauce (made from soya bean)
Tip: Heat the oil, add minced lemongrass and fry until it is fragrant. Next add condensed black sauce into pan and fry quickly in 2 – 3 minutes.
Roasted sesame, spring onion
- Clean well chicken thighs, separate skin, bones and meat. Slice chicken meat part into medium pieces. The left parts do not need to use. Marinate with 1 teaspoon salt, a little pepper, mix well and wait in 20 – 30 minutes.
- Clean well oranges, use knife or shaving tool to shave their covers. I recommend that you should not shave to the white cover because it will make your dish has bitterness. Next, cut orange in half, press to get its water (throw away seeds).
- After marinate chicken, roll them through tapioca starch. Next, heat the oil (3 – 4 tablespoons), and add chicken into pan. Fry well 2 faces. From my cooking experiences, for saving oil, you can use small pot for frying instead of pan.
- After that, add fried chicken pieces on plate added paper napkin. Continue heat a little oil into pan, add sliced shallot + garlic and fry until it is fragrant. Then, pour fried chicken into pan again, fry more 3 – 5 minutes and add a little oyster oil to increase its flavor.
- Pour orange juice into pan and cook with small heat in 5 – 10 minutes. Next, add mixture lemongrass + condensed black sauce and season again to suit your flavor. Cook until its sauce becomes thick and you can turn off the heat.
- Finally, you already head to the final step. Sprinkle more sliced spring onion, roasted sesame and minced orange skin on face of food.
- Serve Braised Chicken with Orange with steamed rice and hot soup when it is hot.