Another dish I choose from many amazing Vietnamese Fish Recipes for cooking today is Braised Fish with Young Jackfruit (Cá Kho Mít Non). Have you ever thought about this combination before? This dish is a traditional food in Vietnam, especially in countryside. It is so simple but really delicious when eating with boiled rice. If you want to discover the true flavor food from Vietnamese people, I think this is a good choice.
So, do you want to know how to cook one of Vietnamese Fish Recipes with me? If you are interesting with this dish, feel free to follow my instruction below and let us start cooking right now.
- 1 whole fish (horse mackerel)
- 200g young jackfruit
- Salt, fish sauce, chili, sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar caramel
- Spring onion, purple onion
- Clean well fish; do not use organs of fish. Clean again and slice into short pieces. Marinate with 1 teaspoon salt and wait in 15 minutes. Heat the oil (1 tablespoon), fry sliced fishes in 10 minutes, add on plate added paper napkin to absorb wasted oil.
- Clean young jackfruit, slice into short pieces.
- Arrange sliced fishes, sliced young jackfruit, sliced purple onion into clay pot. Add more 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 3 tablespoons sugar, chili; 1 teaspoon salt and sugar caramel, shake gently and wait in 30 minutes. Here is the first step to create one of stunning Vietnamese Fish Recipes.
- Bring to cook with large heat until it boils. Reduce the heat to small and add more 1 tablespoon hot water, continue to cook until all ingredients absorb all spices. Season again to suit your flavor and turn off the heat.
Finally, your dish is ready served. Before serving, sprinkle more sliced spring onion and pepper on face of food. I suggest you should eat when it is hot. Serving with boiled rice and hot soup is perfect choice. Hope you satisfy with Braised Fish with Young Jackfruit Recipe (Cá Kho Mít Non) and Good Luck for your Cooking.