(Móng Heo Kho Nghệ) - Braised Pork Feet with Saffron is quite strange with many people in North and South, Vietnam.
Braised Pork Feet with Saffron is the best combination between pork feet with lemongrass and saffron. Using with boiled rice or steamed sticky rice is also perfect, especially in winter days.
- 2 pork feet
- 1 -2 cloves lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon saffron flour.
- 50gr peanut
- 1 teaspoon multi flavor flour (Ngũ Vị Hương) – Buy at Vietnamese Markets.
- Spices: Fish sauce, salt, pepper, sugar, monosodium
- White wine, garlic, dried purple onion.
- Cut in half pork feet. Clean with water added a little salt and white wine. Then clean again with water.
- Clean lemongrass, use knife to smash it. Boil peanut and peel off the cover. Next, peel off the cover of garlic, minced it.
- Marinate pork feet with lemongrass + saffron flour + multi flavor flour + minced garlic + dried purple onion + 2 tablespoon fish sauce + 1 teaspoon sugar. Mix them together, wait about 15 minutes and bring to cook.
- After 5 minutes, add ½ - 1 bowl of water. Cook with small heat to help pork absorb all spices. Cook until meat becomes soft, season again to suit your flavor. When the sauce is thick, you turn off the heat.
- Put Braised Pork Feet with Saffron on plate; sprinkle a little pepper on face. Using with boiled rice and steamed sticky rice.