(Sườn Kho Củ Sen và Tương) - Braised Pork with Lotus Roots and Black Sauce is my main course today.
The combination of pork chop, black sauce and lotus roots are amazing. A little sweet and crispy from this dish will make you cannot stop eating.
- 400g pork chop
- 1 lotus root (medium size), vinegar, salt
- 1 tablespoon black sauce (made from soya bean)
- Salt, sugar, chili powder, fish sauce
- Chop small pork chop into short pieces, clean well and soak into hot water to reduce all dirties. Clean again. Marinate with minced purple onion, a little pepper, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, mix well and wait about 30 minutes.
- Peel off the cover of lotus root, use wood sticks to push away all mud from lotus holes. Clean well again and slice into square shapes. Mix a little salt, vinegar into bowl, add more water, and soak lotus roots in 15 minutes. Then, clean again with fresh water.
- Pour all chop pork into pot, add more lotus roots and black sauce, stir gently and wait about 30 minutes.
- Put on cooking stove, cook with small heat about 10 minutes. Add more water when braising. If you love spicy, you should add more chili powder. Season again to suit your flavor.
-Turn off the heat, sprinkle more sliced spring onion, pepper on face of food to increase flavor.
- Serve Braised Pork with Lotus Roots and Black Sauce with boiled rice and hot soup is perfect.