(Tôm Kho Cùi Dừa) - Braised shrimps with Coconut Meat shall satisfy your appetite. A bit of seafood and a bit of tropical fruit can create memorable experience for your family’s dinners.
- 300g of Black tiger shrimp
- 1 small piece of Coconut meat (50 – 100g)
- Dried onion, salt, sugar, fish sauce and spring onion
- Cut and remove the legs & beards but keep the skin attach as well as its mud (if applicable). Wash it with light salt water then let it dry naturally.
- Peel off the Coconut skin (the brown one) and then clean and slice it.
- Heat up with 2 coffee spoons of cooking oil (if you are using shrimps without mud, you may substitute vegetable cooking oil with cashew nut oil so that the colour can be beautiful), fried the dried onions, pour the shrimps and its mud into the pan and stir fry, add 2 coffee spoons of fish sauce, 1 spoon of sugar, salt then use the chopsticks to stir and mix them up.
- Continue adding the coconut meat in and braise with the shrimps, cook with small heat. Be careful at this step if you want to succeed this recipe from our Vietnamese Food Recipes. Sometimes, you can add a little bit of fresh coconut juice in. Adjust the taste.
- Braise from 15 to 20 minutes, turn off the stove and sprinkle some minced spring onions in.
- Braised shrimps with Coconut Meat is best served with hot boiled bowl of rice.