A little sweet and sour from pineapple combines with fish meat will create one of amazing Vietnamese Fish Recipes for all members in your family in weekend. We call this dish is Braised Snakehead Fish with Pineapple Recipe (Cá Lóc Kho Dứa).
In my opinion, I usually serve it with steamed rice and hot soup. For increasing its flavor, sprinkle more pepper and chili on top is best decision. Why don’t cook one of amazing Vietnamese Fish Recipes in this rainy season?
- 300g snakehead fish
- 1 slice pineapple (100 – 150g)
- 100g half lean half fat pork meat
- 1 teaspoon caramel sugar syrup
- Salt, fish sauce, sugar, chili or chili powder
- Clean well fish in few times in water added a little salt, soak in cold water about 2 hours to reduce its salt. Next, use knife to cut gently some lines on its skin.
- Clean well pork meat, slice small. Cut off the eyes of pineapple, clean and slice thinly.
- Heat a little oil; add minced purple onion and garlic; fry until it is fragrant. Then, add sliced pork meat into clay pot and fry in 5 – 7 minutes. Seasoning with a little fish sauce and sugar is the first step to create one of awesome Vietnamese Fish Recipes.
- Continue adding more sliced pineapple and snakehead fish into pot, season more chili powder and cover carefully. Cook more 5 minutes, open the lid and add more 1 tablespoon fish sauce, caramel sugar syrup, 1 tablespoon sugar and continue braising. Taste to suit your flavor, braise for more 20 – 30 minutes and turn off the heat.
Finally, you just finished Braised Snakehead Fish with Pineapple Recipe (Cá Lóc Kho Dứa). Before serving, add more pepper, sliced spring onion and chili on top. It not only helps to increase its flavor, but also create a beautiful dish for your meal. Moreover, you can use its broth with bread to change your flavor. It is so interesting, right? Hope you will satisfy with this dish and good luck for your cooking.