(Cá Cơm Sữa Kho Lạc) - Braised Young Anchovy with Peanut. Using this dish with boiled rice in cold days is never better.
Moreover, as you may know, anchovy is really good for health. It can apply more calcium for your bones, especially for elderly.
- 400gr young anchovy
- Fresh peanut (depends on how much you want)
- Salt, sugar, garlic, purple onion, chili, annatto seed oil
1 teaspoon sugar syrup (melted sugar)
- Spring onion.
- Clean carefully anchovy and wait to dry.
- Boil peanut in hot water about 5 – 7 minutes. Then peel off the cover.
- Add 2 teaspoons annatto seed oil into pot, wait to hot, add more minced garlic and sliced purple onion and fry until they are fragrant. Next, add anchovy into pot and fry quickly with large heat in 5 – 7 minutes. Remember that you should stir gently because anchovy is small, easy to be grinded if you stir hardly.
- In the cooking process, do not cover the pot, add more 1 teaspoon sugar syrup + minced chili + 2 tablespoons sugar + ½ teaspoon salt into pot and cook more 20 – 30 minutes. Sometime, you share gently to make sure all spices can absorb into anchovy.
- Continue to cook with small heat in 5 minute. Season again to suit your flavor; you can add more 1 tablespoon water if you want to use sauce of this dish for eating with boiled rice.
- Next, pour steamed peanut into pot and cook more 10 – 15 minutes until peanut is soft. Turn off the heat, sprinkle sliced spring onion on face of dish.
- Before serve Braised Young Anchovy with Peanut, you can add more pepper on face to increase the flavor of this dish.
- Using with boiled rice and hot soup is always the first choice in Vietnamese Meals.