(Chả Giò Gà Cuốn) - Using the basic and simple cooking skills from many Vietnamese Cuisine, you can create a delicious meal for yourself and family if you want. Today, I would like introduce Chopped Chicken Rolls.
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 clove of garlic, 1 brand of ginger, 1 lemongrass stick
- ½ bell pepper, some leaves of green cabbage
- 1 lime, 1 chicken egg
- 1 teaspoon chili paste, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Rice paper (wrapped in banana leaves for at least 30 minutes before using to roll).
- Clean chicken and slice small cubes.
- Mince garlic and ginger.
- Clean lemongrass, peel off the harsh cover and mince well.
- Clean well bell pepper and slice small.
- Clean well green cabbage and slice into long pieces.
- Mix all these ingredients together into clean bowl.
- Add more 1 teaspoon chili paste, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon corn starch, 1/3 lime juice and chicken, mix well and wait for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil, add chicken and fry quickly in 5 – 6 minutes.
- Pour chicken on plate, add more lime juice, sliced green cabbage, yolk and mix well. Wait to reduce heat.
- Spread rice paper on wood board, scoop one spoon mixture in step 9 and put on the center of rice paper, wrap and roll carefully. Roll one round, fold 2 edges and continue rolling firmly. You can use brush to spread a little egg on edge to make sure they will stick together.
- Heat the oil (make sure oil will cover all rolls), add chicken rolls and fry until they turn brown yellow. Put on plate added paper napkin to absorb wasted oil.
- Serve Chopped Chicken Rolls with sweet and sour sauce is my best choice.