(Bánh Canh Cua) - Clear Rice Spaghetti Soup with Crab comes from many stunning Vietnamese Cuisine.
The great combination between rice spaghetti, crab meat and pork blood blocks will create an amazing song for your meal. Eating when it is hot with pepper and chili paste is perfect to enjoy this noodle soup.
- 1 and half bowls cassava flour or tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoons rice starch
- 400g pork chop
- Crab meat + crab egg (250g)
- Pork blood
- ½ tablespoon shrimp paste (mắm ruốc) – buy at Vietnamese Markets
- Spring onion, coriander, annatto seed oil, purple onion
- Salt, fish sauce, Magi’s stuff, pepper
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Pour crab meat + crab egg into bowl.
- Heat annatto seed oil (2 – 3 teaspoons), add sliced purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Next, add crab egg + crab meat into pan and fry quickly. Season with 1 teaspoon fish sauce, a little pepper, stir well and turn off the heat. Pour into bowl.
- Clean well pork chop in water added a little salt in 2 – 3 times. Next, put them into pot, add more cold water (3 – 4 bowls) + 1 teaspoon salt + ½ Magi’s stuff; cook until pork chop is soft.
- Boil pork blood again and slice into small cubes. Scoop shrimp paste into bowl (1/2 tablespoon), add a little water and mix well. Filter to get smooth mixture. Pour slowly this mixture into pot is cooking pork chop. Continue to cook more 5 minutes and season again to suit your flavor, turn off the heat.
- Mix cassava flour with rice starch + 1 teaspoon well.
- Pour slowly hot water (1 bowl), use wood spoon to stir well. Wait until it reduces heat, use your hand to knead this flour well until it becomes a soft and smooth flour block.
- Use wood pestle to roll thinly.
- Apply a little tapioca starch on knife edge before cutting this mixture flour block into long and small pieces.
- Boil water, add noodle into and cook until it becomes clear. Pour into basket and wash immediately in cold water.
- Use a small heat, heat 2 teaspoons annatto seed oil, add sliced purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Scoop ½ tablespoon pork broth from step 3 into this mixture, stir well and pour back until whole pork broth in step 3 to create the fantastic color for dish. Add more sliced pork blood and cook more 7 – 10 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Add a little rice spaghetti into bowl, scoop 1 – 2 tablespoons broth; add crab meat and pork blood on face of dish. Sprinkle more sliced spring onion, pepper; chili paste and coriander to increase its flavor.
- Serve Clear Rice Spaghetti Soup with Crab when it is hot is my suggestion.