(Bánh Mì Cà Phê Mêxico) - Have you ever heard or tried Coffee Bread in Mexico Style before? Like many other Vietnamese Sandwich Recipes, today I will change a little bit flavor to create an amazing meal for my family meal.
Making bread- 500g wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon bread yeast
- 60g white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 60ml warm water/fresh milk
- 2 chicken eggs, 40g butter
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
Making filling- 100g butter
- 60g icing sugar
Making coffee part- 50g butter (no salt)
- 50g wheat flour
- 30g icing sugar
- 1 chicken egg
- 30ml fresh milk
- 5g coffee flour (which usually mixes with water and drink immediately).
Process- Making bread: mix bread yeast with fresh milk or warm water (60degree), wait about 10 minutes. Do not use hot water because yeast will not working anymore.
- Mix wheat flour, salt, sugar, milk powder together into big bowl.
- Add more chicken eggs and stir well.
- Pour this mixture into mixture fresh milk in step 1, use wood spoon to mix gently and well until this mixture will not stick to your hands, add more sliced butter and knead well in 10 – 15 minutes. For texting, press one finger on mixture flour, if it is elastic, you can stop kneading.
- Add this mixture flour into bowl added a little butter or oil on the bottom, cover carefully and wait in 1 – 2 hours.
- Making filling: wait until butter is soft, use spoon to smash it well, mix with sugar and separate into small balls.
- After 2 hours, separate mixture flour in step 5 into small equal balls too.
- Use your hand to press each ball thinly, add one filling ball in step 6 on the center and cover well. Put on tray added a little butter or oil before. Cover and wait in 45 – 60 minutes.
- Making coffee: Mix coffee with hot water.
- Mix butter, sugar and egg together. Then, add more wheat flour and stir until it becomes soft and smooth.
- Then, add more fresh milk and a coffee in step 9 into mixture in step 10. Stir well, this mixture is required not much thick not much liquid.
- After 1 hour, you add a little mixture coffee in step 11 on each face of bread flour ball.
- Bring to grill at 170 degree at 20 – 25 minutes.
- Cuisine is the combination of many food cultures around the world, here is no exception too.
Hope you will love it and Good Luck for your Cooking.