(Bún Chả Giò) - Deep Fried Egg Rolls with Vermicelli. The combination between vermicelli, deep fried egg rolls, vegetables and dipping fish sauce is the best.
- Pork chop (grinded): 800g
- 1 carrot, 1 potato, 1 sweet potato, 3 taros
- ¼ cassava fruit, ½ onion, 3 – 4 napa cabbage leaves
- 10g clear cassava vermicelli (soaked, sliced small)
- 2 chicken eggs
- 1 yolk
- Spring onion, Vietnamese coriander, salt, fish sauce, seasoning Maggie powder, pepper
- Vermicelli, cucumber, salad
- Sweet and sour fish sauce (homemade), roasted peanut
- Rice papers (type for rolling Chả Giò)
- Peel off the cover of carrot, potato, sweet potato, taros, onion, cassava fruit, clean and wait to get dry.
- Clean napa cabbage, coriander, spring onion and slice them small.
- Slice all vegetables in step 1 into long and thin pieces. Mix napa cabbage, coriander, spring onion into vegetables mixture, use hands to press out water.
- Next, add more grinded pork into mixture, add more sliced clear cassava vermicelli, 1 teaspoon seasoning Maggie powder, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- Spread one rice paper on wood board, fold one edge into triangle shape.
- Scoop one spoon from the mixture and put on face of triangle you just folded.
- Next, fold 2 angles in and roll firmly. Spread a little stirred yolk on the edge to make sure rice paper will stick together. Continue you finished all filling and rice papers.
- Heat the oil (make sure oil will cover all egg rolls), then add egg rolls into pan and fry well their faces. Put them on plate when they turn brown yellow.
- Soak vermicelli in hot water in 2 – 3 minutes and then wash it immediately in cold water. Clean salad, cucumber. Slice it into long and thin pieces.
- When serve Deep Fried Egg Rolls with Vermicelli, add a little vermicelli on bowl, extra with salad, cucumber, deep fried egg rolls (chả giò), sweet and sour fish sauce and a little roasted peanut.
- If you have more time, you can make mixture spring onion plus olive oil (by mix them and put in microwave in 30 seconds with a little salt). Mix them all and enjoy.