(Gà bọc xôi chiên phồng) - The process for create one of stunning Vietnamese Food like Deep Fried Sticky Rice Balls wtih Chicken Filling is quite difficult.
But it does not mean that you cannot make it. You only need enough time for cooking. It is really crispy outside and soft inside. When serving with chili sauce in rainy days, trust me, never is a bad choice.
- Chicken (whole chicken): 1kg
- Mixture vegetables: 300g (buy at markets)
- Sticky rice: 800g
- Magi’s stuff, garlic, pepper
- Clean well chicken, wait to dry. Marinate with a little Magi’s stuff, minced garlic, pepper, mix well and wait in 2 hours. Next, bring to fry until its skin turns brown yellow.
- After that, wait to reduce heat and tear chicken into small pieces. Boil quickly mixture vegetables and then mix with chicken.
- Clean sticky rice and bring to steam until it is cooked. Do not too wet or dry, you cannot create circle shapes. When it is cooked, separate into small balls, spread on tray and add filling in step 2 on center, wrap and roll into circle shapes.
- Depend on your flavor; you can make it bigger or smaller. Continue until you finish rolling all.
- Heat the oil (4 – 5 tablespoons), add sticky rice balls into pan and fry with large heat. With this tip, the outside will be crispy when inside is really soft. Here is also my cooking experience from many stunning Vietnamese Dish Recipes.
- Fry in 5 – 7 minutes, it will be cooked, add on plate added paper napkin to absorb wasted oil.
- Eating Deep Fried Sticky Rice Balls with Chicken Filling with chili sauce or ketchup in rainy days is perfect, don’t you think? I suggest you should serve when it is hot, it will help to maintain then specific flavor. The flavor of mixture vegetables is combined with the flavor of chicken cannot resist.