(Cháo Mực Khô) - Do you want to change your boring daily meal? One of my favorite Vietnamese Cuisine in this weather is Dried Squid Porridge.
The natural sweetness from dried squid makes this dish more delicious. Why don’t we choose to cook it today?
- 2 – 3 dried squids (big size)
- ½ bowl rice
- ¼ bowl sticky rice
- Pork blood cube (100 – 150g)
- 1 ginger
- Spring onion, salt, pepper, Magi’s stuff, fish sauce
- Purple onion, white wine
- Chinese sticks (Quẩy) or Century Eggs (Hột vịt Bách Thảo)
- Bean sprout
- Clean well dried squids, soak in water added a little white wine (rice wine) in 30 minutes. You can use squid feeler to stew with pork broth.
- Mix rice and sticky rice together, clean well and wait to dry. Heat a little oil in small pot, add minced purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Then, add mixture rice and fry quickly in 5 – 7 minutes.
- Pour pork broth (3 – 4 bowls) into mixture. Cook with small heat until rice is soft.
- Peel off cover of ginger, clean and slice fiber. Clean bean sprout, wait to dry.
- After soaked dried squids, clean well again and use scissors for cut into long and thin pieces. You also can use hands to tear them small.
- Heat the oil, add sliced purple onion + ginger and fry until they are fragrant. Next, add sliced squid into pot and fry with a little fish sauce and sugar.
- Boil pork blood cube again, slice into small square shapes.
- After rice is soft, season with a little salt and add more fried squids into pot.
- Cook with small heat, use spoon to stir gently to make sure rice will not be burnt on bottom. Then, add sliced pork blood cubes, season again and cook with small heat in 5 – 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle more sliced spring onion on face of porridge to increase its flavor. Scoop into bowl, arrange Chinese sticks or century eggs on face of food is my choice. You should eat when Dried Squid Porridge is hot.