(Vịt nấu chao) - One of my favorite Vietnamese Cuisine is Duck Meat with Soybean Paste Soup. Eating with hot rice bowl is so amazing, especially in cold days.
- Duck: 1,5 kg
- Red soybean paste: 4-5 pieces - Buy at Vietnamese Markets
- Wite soybean paste: 4-5 pieces
- White sugar: 2 tablespoon
- Fish sauce: 1 tablespoon
- White wine: 2 tablespoon
- Minced ginger: 1 tablespoon
- Minced onion: 1 tablespoon
- Cooking oil: 2 tablespoon
- 1 Fresh coconut milk
- Taro: 500g
- 3 - 5 Jelly's ear Mushroom, soak into cold water about 5 - 7 minutes, slice small
- 1 small lotus root, clean and slice small
- Vegetables and noodles/pasta/boiled rice.
- Duck clean, peel the skin if you do not like grease foods. Chop it into small pieces to fit your taste, and drain.
- Next, marinate duck meat with soybean paste, fish sauce, wine, ginger, onion about 1 hour.
- Place hot pan with vegetable oil, fry duck meat until cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Add duck meat back to the pot, marinate with salt, sugar, pepper to suit your flavor and then pour coconut milk (if using) and add more water to full of duck meat, boil and simmer.
- Taro peeled, cut into slices.
- When duck meat almost cooked, add sliced taro + lotus root + Jelly's ear mushroom, add full water on them, continue cook until them becomes soft. Take a long time cooking; taro is easy to soft, so depending on your taste you choose time to stop cooking.
- Before eating, add the vegetable in pot, when vegetables cooked is ok.
Scoop it into big bowl, use with vegetables. Using when Duck Meat with Soybean Paste Soup is hot with hot rice or noodle or pasta.