(Bánh Bao Nhân Thịt) - Vietnamese Dumplings with Pork Fillings can be a healthy breakfast for your family. Not only delicious, but also safe than you buy outside.
- Dmpling flour: 400g (extra 1 small bag baking soda powder) – buy at Vietnamese markets
- Sugar: 100g ,
- 1 little salt
- Fresh milk: 200ml (no sugar)
- Pork shoulder: 200g
- ½ onion,
- 3 chicken eggs,
- 3 shiitake mushrooms.
- Kneading flour is the first step we will do. Cook milk until it warms (40 – 50 degree), add more baking soda powder and stir gently. Wait about 10 minutes. Then, add more dumpling flour into this mixture (scoop ½ tablespoon before pouring into this mixture), with sugar, salt and knead well from 10 – 20 minutes. Add more 1 teaspoon oil and continue kneading in 10 minutes. Cover it by soft blanket (soaked and press out water), wait in 1 hour.
- When waiting flour, we will making fillings. Grind well pork meat and onion, shiitake mushroom. Boil sausage quickly and slice thinly. Mix them well and season with a little fish sauce or Maggie seasoning powder, pepper and a little oil. You can add more a little char siew sauce if you want. Boil eggs and slice into 4 equal pieces. From my mom cooking experiences, you can add more a little white wine to increase the specific flavor for fillings.
- Now, are you ready to create their shapes? After waiting in 1 hour, knead again in 2 – 3 minutes and separate into small equal balls. Press thinly into circle shapes and add a little filling on center and cover it. (The process is similar like you making wonton). Remember you should add a little dumpling flour on your hands to make sure they will not stick hands when cover it. With this flour bag, you can create 12 dumplings with 2 different sizes.
- Wait until water boils, add more 2 teaspoons vinegar and bring all dumplings to steam in 20 – 25 minutes. Do you know why we should add vinegar in water when steaming? It helps to keep the white color for dumplings.
- You can cover Dumplings with Pork Fillings by food nylon bags and store in fridge for few days. Before eating, you can put in microwave in 2 – 3 minutes.