Fried Anchovy with Garlic and Chilli (Ca Com Chien Toi Ot) is really popular in Vietnam. You can eat with hot rice bowl.
- Anchovy Fish: 400gr
- Flour: 1 Tablespoon
- Honey: 2 Tablespoons
- Sauce: 1 Tablespoon
- Chilli powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt, Oil
- Wash the anchovy. Remove the head and gut of anchovy. Wash them again. Put anchovy into a basket and wait until dry.
- Marinate the anchovy with 1 teaspoon of salt. Wait about 30 minutes. Then, cover the anchovy by flour.
- Add some oil into a pot. Heat the pot. When the oil is hot, add the anchovy into the pot. Fry the anchovy about 5 minutes. Then, put them out, wait about 3 - 5 minutes and fry again. From my cooking experiences, with this step, fried anchovy will more crispy and make this dish is more delicious.
- Bring the anchovy out. Put it into a plate which lined paper towel. The oil will permeate into the paper towel. It will help to absorb all unnecessary oil.
- Remove the cover of garlic. Crush the garlic.
- Add the honey, sauce and chilli powder into a small bowl. Mix them together.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil and crushed garlic into a pan. Dry the garlic.
- Slowly add the honey, water and sauce into the pan. Heat the pan.
- Add the dried anchovy into the pan. Mix the anchovy until mixture of sauce and honey cover all anchovy. Continue dry until the mixture of sauce and honey become dry. Turn off the stove. Now you can enjoy this dish.
- Fried Anchovy with Garlic and Chilli is really delicious and have a lot of protein for your body. It will more delicious when using with hot rice bowl.