(Bánh Cam) - Fried Glutinous Rice Balls is one of popular Vietnamese Dessert Recipes of young people in our country. It also can becomes a breakfast with soya milk.
For Cake Skin
- Glutinous rice flour: 200gr
- Rice flour: 8gr
- Water: 100gr
- Sugar: 60gr
-1 boiled potato, smashed
- Vegetable oil, salt, sesame.
- Mung Bean (no cover): 100gr, soaked into warm water about 1 hours
- Sugar, salt
- 50gr dried coconut meat, grinded.
- For Cake Skin: Mix 60gr sugar + 1 teaspoon salt in water, stir well. Next, mix it with glutinous rice flour + rice flour together.Then, add grinded potato into mixture of flour, and knead well. Wait about 1 – 2 hours. I suggest when waiting this step finish, you can make the stuffing process.
- For Stuffing: Bring Mung bean to steam. Remember, you must add 1 teaspoon salt before steaming. Next, grind well. Next, add 1 bowl water into pot, add more ½ tablespoon sugar + 1 teaspoon salt and stir well. When water boils, pour grinded mung bean into pot and continue stir with small heat. Do not stop when frying. Fry about 5 minutes, add more grinded dried coconut meat and fry more 10 minutes. Then, turn off the heat. Separate mung bean into small balls equally.
- After 2 hours, you separate mixture flour in step 1 into small balls. The quality equals with mung bean’s one. Each small ball of flour, use your hands press thinly and add mung bean (in step 2) in center. Cover it. Do the same process with other ones. Pour sesame on plate, apply them around each balls.
- Pour vegetable oil in pan, wait to hot, add rice balls and fry until they turn yellow.
In morning, when I can see Fried Glutinous Rice Balls for my breakfast, it can make my day more beautiful.