(Hến Xào Miến) - Fried Mussel with Cassava Vermicelli has a very unique flavour of Vietnam’s Central area.
Fried Mussel with Cassava Vermicelli may be a little strange in taste even for a Vietnamese (Southern or Northern Vietnamese to be specific) but it tastes really delicious and worth trying.
- 200g of mussel
- 50g of cassava vermicelli
- Some jelly ear mushrooms
- Salt, pork/ chicken broth mix, pepper
- Coriander, spring onions, dried onions, girdle cakes, cashew nut oil and chilli powder.
- Wash the mussel, let it dry. Mix with 1 coffee spoon of salt, some pepper in 25 minutes.
-Soak the jelly ear mushrooms until you see it is bigger, remove the root or leg, slice it. Peel off the skin & mince dried onions.
- Soak cassava vermicelli in cold water in 15 minutes.
-Scald the vermicelli in boiled water, take it out and soak in cold water so it won’t get sticky.
- Then heat up with 2 spoons of cashew nut oil, fry the onions, and add the mussel & wood ear mushrooms in to stir fry. Adjust with 1 coffee spoon of salt, ½ spoon of pork/ chicken broth mix and stir it.
- Add the cassava vermicelli in, stir with half spoon of chilli powder in high heat until the vermicelli is mixed with the mussel. Adjust the taste.
- Before serving, you can sprinkle some minced spring onions, coriander and pepper on the surface of the dish, it will enhance the flavour and make Fried Mussel with Cassava Vermicelli looks more attracting.