(Chim Cút Chiên Ngũ Vị). - From many amazing Vietnamese Cuisine, I would like to introduce one delicious dish in rainy day. It is called Fried Quail Bird in 5 Flavors.
The crispy and yellow skin will help you have a good appetite and good eye-catching. Eating with steamed rice or bread is all a good choice.
- 1kg quail bird
- 5 flavors powder, honey, oyster oil, garlic, sugar, salt, vinegar, pepper, soy sauce
- Tomatoes, onion, salad.
- Clean quail birds with water added a little salt. Clean well their hairs on skins. Clean again and wait to get dry. Cut into half if it is big. Marinate with 1 teaspoon 5 flavors powder, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon oyster oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, minced garlic. Mix well and cover it and put in fridge, wait for 1 night.
Next day, heat the oil, and bring quail birds to fry.
- Fry with small heat, sometimes change their faces to make sure they will be cooked well done. Then, put on plate added paper napkin to absorb wasted oil.
- Clean tomatoes, cut in half, slice thinly. Peel off the cover of onion, slice thinly as well.
- Soak sliced onion into bowl with a little pepper, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, a little olive oil, wait for 5 minutes.
- Clean salad, wait to get dry, cut in short pieces.
- Arrange salad on plate, some sliced tomatoes on top, put fried quail birds on and pour the mixture on meat.
- You can serve Fried Quail Bird in 5 Flavors with steamed rice or bread is all delicious.