(Mứt Gừng) - One dish which cannot miss in many Vietnamese families on Tet Holiday is Ginger Jam (Mứt Gừng). This is is one of traditional food of Vietnamese people.
- Fresh ginger: 1,3kg
- White sugar: 700gr
- Peel off the cover of ginger. Clean carefully and soak into cold water in 1 hour. If you love spicy, you can choose the old ginger.
- Use knife to cut into thin pieces (1mm) and continue soak into cold water for waiting cooking.
- Pour all sliced ginger into pot, add more water to cover all ginger. Cook in 7 – 10 minutes.
- After that, soak ginger into cold water immediately. Wash in 2 – 3 times. Repeat the process in step 3 and 4 for 2 – 3 times and then pour all sliced ginger on basket and wait to get dry.
- When ginger is dried, pour all sugar and mix well. Marinate in 3 – 4 hours until all sugar is melted.
- Pour all mixture ginger in step 5 into pan, cook in small heat. Sometimes you use chopsticks to stir well.
- Cook until all water in ginger boils, you use spoon to stir until all sugar is dried and absorb on faces of ginger. Turn off the heat.
- Hope you love Ginger Jam (Mứt Gừng) and do not miss our other stunning Vietnamese Dessert Recipes next time.