(Gỏi xoài xanh khô mực) - Green Mango Salad with Sun - Dried Squid is the most popular street food in Vietnam. Most young people fall in love with this dish.
- Green mangos: 2
- Sun-dried squid: 1
- Onion: 1
- Tablespoons of fish sauce: 4
- Teaspoons of sugar: 4
- Tablespoons of lemon juice: 3
- Sliced lemon leafs: 3 - 4
- Chopped chilli: 3 - 4
- ½ cup of dried salty shredded pork
- Chopped garlic
- Roasted peanuts
- 2 grilled rice crackers
- Remove the cover of green mango. Soak into the cool water. Next, thinly slice the green mango. Add it into the bowl and keep it on fridge.
- Grill the sun-dried squid. After that, tear the squid to small parts. If you like the fish, you can add the shredded stockfish which was grilled into this dish.
- Mix the fish sauce, sugar, lemon leaf, chopped chilli, chopped garlic, dried salty shredded pork and lemon juice. Next, add the slice onion into the mixture and mix them. Wait about 10 minute. This mixture of fish sauce is based on your habit. If you like hot, you can add more chilli.
- Add the sliced green mango, sun-dried squid and the mixture sauce into a bowl. Next, mix them together. Add the basil and roasted peanuts. Now you can enjoy this dish with grilled rice crackers.
- Green Mango Salad with Sun-Dried Squid combines between vegetable and squid make the taste of salad become special.
In Vietnam, Green Mango Salad with Sun-Dried Squid is usually use with wine or beer. With a little wine or beer will bring an amazing flavour in your mouth.