(Chuối Nếp Nướng) - Grilled Banana wrapped in Sticky Rice is the popular dish in Southern Area, Vietnam.
Banana is wrapped in sticky rice, bring to grill together will create an amazing flavor when eating. I bet you will totally fall in love its flavor from the first time of tasting.
- Sticky rice: ¼ bowl
- 5 banana fruits
- Sugar: 2 tablespoons
- Coconut milk: 200ml
- Roasted peanut
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch + a little salt and sugar
- Dried tapioca pearl: 1 teaspoon
- Banana leaves.
- Clean sticky rice in 2 – 3 times. Soak in 1 night. Next pour to basket and wait to dry. Mix with 1 teaspoon salt and bring to steam. While steaming, add more 50ml coconut milk into sticky rice and continue to steam. When it is cooked, add more 2 tablespoons sugar into sticky rice and mix well. Then, continue to steam until it is soft. Wait to get cold and pour on plate.
- Soak dried tapioca pearl in water about 15 – 20 minutes. Pour into basket and wait to dry. Pour 150ml coconut milk into pot, add more tapioca pearl, sugar, salt, tapioca starch and bring to cook. Do not stop stirring when cooking. Cook until this mixture is thick and tapioca pearl becomes clear. Turn off the heat. Season sugar to suit your flavor.
- Peel off the cover of banana. Grind roasted peanut crudely.
- Next, use spoon to scoop a little sticky rice on face of banana leaf.
- Put one banana on the center of sticky rice.
- Roll it gently and carefully to make sure sticky rice will cover all banana.
- Spread banana leaves which are cleaned well on wood cutting board. Put one by one banana rolls in step 6 on the center of leaf and roll carefully.
- Bring them to grill in 180 degree from 30 – 40 minutes.
- Finally, Grilled Banana wrapped in Sticky Rice is ready to serve. When serving, peel off the banana leaves. Put on plate, slice small and pour mixture coconut milk in step 2 on face. Sprinkle a little roasted peanut will create a stunning flavor when chewing.