(Chè Rau Câu và Nhãn Khô) - Jelly Sweet Soup and Dried Longan is one of our amazing Vietnamese Cuisine – and regain the energy to face off the challenges.
Ingredients- Jelly powder: 20g (you can find it in Vietnamese supermarket quite easy)
- Cold water: 700ml
- Alum sugar (đường phèn): 130g, you should write this down to ask the seller
- Dried longan: 80g
Process- Wash the dried longan with clean water; soak it in cold water for 2 hours. Clean it again to let the sand goes completely, and then put the dried longan on a basket so that the water can flow down.
- Pour jelly powder into a stove, add water, and stir it until the powder is all mixed. Cook the mixture with small heat. During this time, you can add sugar and adjust the sweetness to your taste.
- Pour the jelly mixture into a tray and put it in the fridge to cool off & become gelatinous. After this, you can cut it into small pieces.
- Boil 300ml of water, add 40g of alum sugar, and wait till the sugar is all melted then add the dried longan into the stove. Cook with high heat and turn off, otherwise, the dried longan would lose its crunchiness. It is a very important note as if you want success this dish – one of amazing Vietnamese Dessert Recipes.
- You can serve Jelly Sweet Soup and Dried Longan by putting the longan mixture into a glass or bowl; don’t forget to add the jelly pieces with it.