(Súp Hạt Sen) - Lotus seeds has many benefits for health. If you are getting headache or hard to sleep, lotus seeds can solve all.
Today, it will introduce one of amazing Vietnamese Cuisine which will use lotus seeds. It is called Lotus Seed Soup. Adding mushrooms, shrimp and tofu. If you are vegetarian, you can skip shrimps for your dish.
- 200gr lotus seeds
- 200gr fresh shrimp
- 3 – 4 shitttake mushrooms
- 1 fresh tofu piece
- Spices: salt, Maggi’s stuff, pepper, sugar
- 1 white part of egg
- 1 tablespoon corn starch/tapioca flour
- Coriander, sesame oil, spring onion and purple onion.
- Clean creafully lotus seeds, weed out the core of seeds. Bring to cook with water until they becoem soft. Turn off the heat. Keep the boiling water of lotus seeds.
- Peel off the cover of shrimps, pull out the black lines on backs of shrimps. Clean and smash well. Marinate with 1 teaspoon salt + a little pepper. Wait about 30 minutes.
- Soak shiitake mushrooms in water about 15 minutes. Cut off the root, slice into medium cubes. Clean tofu, slice cubes.
- Clean spring onion and purple onion and slice them small.
- Heat the oil into pot, add purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Then, add more shrimps and fry quickly about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Pour all lotus seeds including boiling water into pot . Wait until it boils. Next, add more sliced shiitake mushrooms and cook about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then, add more sliced tofu and cook with small heat about 10 minutes.
- Mix tapioca flour with 1 little water, stir well. Wait water in pot boils, pour them all into pot and season again to suit your flavor. Remember, you should not stop stirring when pour tapioca into pot. Cook until the mixture becomes thick.
- Stir well the white part of egg. And add them into pot. Use chopsticks to stir in one way to create many long fibers. Season again and turn off the heat.
- Before eating, add some sliced coriander, sesame oil and pepper on face of soup, it will increase the flavor of Lotus Seed Soup.