(Chè Hạt Kê) - Millet Seeds Sweet Soup is one of my favorite Vietnamese Dessert Recipes on these days.
These seeds are really delicious. The great combination between mung bean and millet seeds is really amazing. It is not only cheap, but also really is “Vietnam”.
- 1 bowl millet seeds
- ½ bowl mung bean (no cover)
- Sugar, salt
- Dried rice cracker (Bánh Đa) – Buy at Vietnamese Markets.
- Clean mung bean in 2 – 3 times. Next, soak into cold water added a little salt in 1 hour. Do the same process with millet seeds.
- Bring Mung Bean to steam and grind well.
- Pour millet seeds into pot, add more water with proportion 1 bowl millet seeds : 2 bowls water. Cook until all mullet seed is soft. Pour more grinded mung bean into pot and cook until it boils. Season with sugar and taste to suit your flavor.
- Cook until all seeds are soft and bloom. Season to suit your flavor with sugar. When it becomes thick, turn off the heat.
- Finally, Millet Seeds Sweet Soup is ready to serve. Scoop into bowl and using with dried rice cracker is perfect.