(Bánh Khọt) - One of most popular dishes from Southern Area, Vietnam is Vietnamese Mini Savory Pancakes. They usually eat these pancakes with vegetables and sweet and sour sauce.
- 1 bowl rice flour
- 2 bowls coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon saffron flour
- ½ teaspoon Maggi’s stuff
- 10 fresh shrimps (boiled and cut in half if they are big)
- 100gr pork meat (use half lean half fat part) – cleaned, boiled and sliced small
- 50gr mung bean – no cover (soaked, steamed and grinded)
- 100gr dried shrimp (grinded well)
- 1 bowl sliced spring onion + oil mixture, cooked in microwave in 30 seconds
- Dipping Sauce
- Vegetables: salad, basil, bean sprout, lettuce… and any herb you love.
- Bánh Khọt mould – Buy at Vietnamese Markets.
- Mix all rice flour + coconut milk + saffron flour and Maggi’s stuff together. Wait in 15 minutes.
- Put Bánh Khọt Mould on cooking stove. Spread oil on mould. It is more delicious when you use pork grease. When mould is hot, scoop one by one spoon and pour into mould.
- When the cover is brown yellow and crispy, add filling on face. The filling includes: shrimps, pork meat, mung bean, a little dried shrimp and sliced spring onion + oil mixture.
- Use small and flat spoon to take the pancakes out. Put on plate.
- Making the Dipping Sauce. Add more sliced carot and white radish which soaked in salt and vinegar sauce after finished Dipping Sauce. With this step, it will create a specific flavor for this sauce.
- Finally, Vietnamese Mini Savory Pancakes is basically finished.
Serving with vegetables and dipping sauce is a great decision.