(Xôi Mặn Thập Cẩm) - Mixture Salty Steamed Sticky Rice is really easy for cooking and save much time if you are a busy person.
I would love to serve this food with orange juice added ice. Such an awesome feeling ever. Why don’t you try to taste it like my way?
- 2 bowls sticky rice
- 4 sticks sausage
- 3 chicken eggs
- 6 quail eggs
- Spring onion, dried shrimps (optional)
- Pork meat cotton (chà bông)
- Vietnamese ham
- Soak sticky rice in water about 1 – 2 hours or more. Next, pour out water, wait to dry, add 1 – 2 teaspoons olive oil and mix well. Then, bring to steam until it is cooked and soft. You should cover the pot when cooking for helping it is cooked faster. Stir gently sometime when cooking to make sure sticky rice will be cooked all.
- Heat the pan (medium heat), add sausage without oil and roast about 10 – 15 minutes. Wait to reduce heat and slice thinly. Boil quail eggs, wait to reduce heat, peel off the cover.
- Use that pan again, pour stirred chicken eggs added a little salt into pan, spread thinly and fry until it is cooked. Wait to reduce heat and slice thinly. You should wait until it reduces heat before cutting if you don’t want it will break all.
- Clean and slice small spring onion. Add olive oil into pan (2 – 3 tablespoons), wait until it is hot, add spring onion and fry quickly in 1 – 2 minutes. Next, add dried shrimps (which were soaked in water in 15 – 20 minutes before) into pan and season with a little soy sauce to increase its flavor. In my experiences, you should not use more dried shrimps in this mixture. However, if you love it, it still can appear on your dish.
- Slice thinly Vietnamese ham. Peel off the cover of shallot, slice thinly and fry it into olive oil until it is crispy.
- When serving, add a little steamed sticky rice on banana leave, add step by step fried egg, sausage, quail eggs, Vietnamese ham, pork meat cotton, mixture spring onion and deep fried shallot on top. Then, sprinkle more soy sauce and you can enjoy Mixture Salty Steamed Sticky Rice.