(Nộm Tôm Thịt và Khế) - Mixture Shrimps, Pork and Star Fruit. A little sour from star fruit, crispy from cucumber, spicy from chili and sweet from pork meat and shrimp will create one spectacular flavor from the first scoop.
- 1 sour star fruit
- 1 cucumber
- 200gr pork meat (half lean half fat)
- 300gr shrimps
- Spices: salt, sugar, fish sauce, chili, coriander.
- Clean pork meat creafully. Next, add pork meat into pot, pour water to cover all meat and boil until it is cooked. Wait to get cold and sliced thinly.
- Clean shrimps, cut off the heads if you want. Next, bring them to boil in 5 – 7 minutes.
- Clean star fruit, cut off the edges and slice small. Use your hand to press gently to reduce sour water from this fruit. Clean cucumber and slice fibre. Add ½ teaspoon salt with sliced cucumber and wait about 15 mintues. Next, use your hand again to press out water from cucumber.
Mix 2 tablespoons fish sauce + 2 tablespoons sugar + 2 tablespoons water + 1 teaspoon chili powder together. Stir until all sugar is melted. Next, mix well star fruit + cucumber + sliced pork meat + shrimps into clean bowl. Pour more mixture fish sauce you just made + sliced coriander. Taste again to suit your flavor.
- Finally, Mixture Shrimps, Pork and Star Fruit Salad is ready to serve. When eating, you can serve more Fried Glutinous Shrimp Rice (Bánh Phồng Tôm) and Dipping sauce if you want.