(Xôi Măn Gói Trong Lá) - Mixture Steamed Sticky Rice in Bamboo Leaves is one of amazing Vietnamese cuisine.
- Sticky rice: 300gr
- Pork meat (half lean half fat part): 200gr
- Shiitake mushroom, soaked and sliced: 40gr
- Dried shrimps, soaked: 40gr
- Fried purple onion: 1 tablespoon
- Bamboo leaves or banana leaves or lotus leaves
- Soak sticky rice in water about 4 – 8 hours.
- Clean and slice pork meat into small cubes.
- Marinate pork meat with salt, pepper, sugar, fried purple onion and soya sauce.
- Heat the oil, add dried shrimp in 2 – 3 minutes. Then, pour al sticky rice and stir in 5 minutes. You should remember that add 1 - 2 teaspoons soya sauce in this step.
- Cook the mixture in step 3 with sliced shiitake mushroom until they are soft. Season again to suit your flavor and turn off the heat.
- Roll the bamboo leaves like pyramidal shape, pour a little sticky rice. Next, add a little mixture pork in step 5 for filling and cover it by a little sticky rice again. Then, fold all edges carefully. Use bamboo string to tie firmly.
- Bring all to steam in 30 minutes.
- Finally, you can serve Mixture Steamed Sticky Rice in Bamboo Leaves. You should eat when it is hot.