(Củ Cải Muối) - Pickled White Radish and Carrot is one of stunning Vietnamese Cuisine cannot miss on Tet holiday in Vietnam.
All these food are all used with Bánh Chưng and Bánh Tét. Here is the highest traditional flavor on Tet of Vietnamese Food Culture.
- Fresh white radish: 800gr
- Carrot: 200gr
- Fish sauce:250ml
- Water: 200gr
- Glass jar.
- Peel off the cover of carrot and white radish. Next, slice thinly like the photo below.
- Soak into hot water in 5 minutes. Bring to dry in the sun until all sliced white radish and carrot are dried (maybe 3 days).
- After that, soak dried white radish and carrot again into warm water until they are soft and wash immediately through cold water. Next, use your hand to press out water and store into glass jar.
- Cook fish sauce + sugar + water with medium heat until all sugar is melted. Then, pour this mixture into glass jar. Make sure this mixture can cover all white radish and carrot. Wait in 2 – 3 days and you can enjoy it.
- When serve Pickled White Radish and Carrot, you can scoop a little on small bowl and enjoy with Banh Chung, Banh Tet.