(Nhộng Rang Lá Chanh) Today, let start a new recipe from Vietnamese Cuisine and you will not regret this amazing food adventure: Roasted Pupae with Lemon Leaves.
- ¼ tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 5 -6 lemon leaves
- Clean the pupae, then put them into a small stove, pour the water just till the water level right over the pupae. Add salt and boil it for 2 – 3 minutes, then pour it out to dry out.
- Mince the lemon leaves.
- Heat up the cooking oil in the pan, add the pupae and quickly stir it (you may use spices if you don’t like fish sauce). Continue to stir until the pupae is dried, then add the lemon leaves, stir for extra 30 sec and turn off the heat.
- Finally, Roasted Pupae with Lemon Leaves is ready to serve.- It contains a lot of nutrition and help to prevent malnutrition in kids, hence, do not hesitate to try it and make it for your party.
- Have you ever heard of pupae? Well it may shock you but it can actually be eaten if you know how to prepare it.
- Roasted Pupae with Lemon Leaves requires a lot of courage to prepare as most of the women would fainted whenever they see alive pupae. Push aside your fear and you can enjoy its amazing taste in the end.
- However, if you are too afraid, then you may have to ask the seller to prepare the pupae ready to be cooked for you, Vietnamese Food Team believes that is the hardest part so don’t be shy and ask for help. Back to our dish – one of our stunning Vietnamese Food Recipes, be careful with the instructions as if you want the dish to taste good.