(Nộm Dưa Hấu với Tôm) - Salad Watermelon with Shrimps is quite strange with someone, but when you have a chance to cook and eat.
Enjoy with deep fried shrimp cakes (Bánh phồng tôm) is my favorite. Cooking and eating in hot weather likes these days is a great choice.
- The white part of ¼ watermelon
- 200g silver shrimps
- 1 carrot
- Fish sauce, chili, sugar, garlic, vinegar, lemon
- Roasted peanut
- Basil leaves, Vietnamese mint herb.
- Peel off the cover of shrimps; pull out the black lines on their backs and clean well. Heat the oil (2 – 3 teaspoons), add minced garlic and fry until it is fragrant. Next, add more shrimps and fry quickly in 4 – 5 minutes. Then, pour into clean bowl.
- Peel off the harsh cover of watermelon. Use knife to separate the white and red parts.
- Slice the white parts into long pieces. Pour all them into bowl, add more ½ teaspoon salt + 1 teaspoon sugar; mix well and wait in 2 – 3 hours.
- Peel off the cover of carrot, clean and slice small. Marinate with ½ teaspoon salt + 1 teaspoon sugar, mix well and wait in 15 minutes.
- Clean well all herb leaves, slice small.
- Making sauce: Mix minced garlic, chili, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, ½ tablespoon water together. Stir well until all sugar is melted. Next, add more ½ teaspoon lemon juice (the first water).
- After marinate carrot, watermelon, use your hands to press out all water and pour them together on clean bowl.
- Then, add more shrimps, dipping sauce, roasted peanut, herb leaves and mix well. Season again to suit your flavor.
- You should serving with deep fried shrimp cakes (bánh phồng tôm). It will help to increase the specific flavor for Salad Watermelon with Shrimps.