(Bánh Đúc Chén) - Salted Rice Flour Cake in Small Bowl. Eating with Dipping Sauce is perfect.
- 230 – 250g rice flour (you can roast rice and grind it well if you cannot find this flour at markets)
- 900ml water
- 2 – 3g salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100ml clear lime water (Nước vôi trong) – Buy at Vietnamese Markets
- 300g grinded pork
- 150g purple onion/fried scallion
- 50g Jelly’s ear mushroom, soaked + cut off the roots + sliced small
- 20g field mushroom/shiitake mushroom
- Asian coriander.
- If you cannot find clear lime water, you can buy lime cube (40g). Mix with 300ml water, stir well. Wait in few hours for deposit sediment of lime. Only use the clear water on face and throw away the sediment on bottom. You can store in bottom and use for many days. In this recipe, you need 100ml of clear water lime.
- Making rice flour: Mix rice flour with salt together. Stir well with water and clear water lime. Put in fridge (vegetable drawer) in 2 – 3 hours before making cakes.
- Making filling: Marinate grinded pork with spices, pepper, 50g fried scallion, sliced jelly ear mushroom and shiitake ones. Wait in 30 – 45 minutes.
- Making sweet and sour sauce. Follow the recipe here.
- Pour rice flour in step 2 into pot, put on cooking rice, use small heat to cook. Stir well and nonstop until the flour is clean and think.
- Scoop one by one spoon into small ball. Add filling, fried scallion, basil, coriander, pepper and dipping sauce on face and you can eat Salted Rice Flour Cake in Small Bowl now.