(Bánh mì bì heo) - Shredded Pork Skin with Bread is one of most popular bread in Vietnam. From kids to elderly fall in love with it. If you love Bánh Mì Vietnam, I think you should try this dish at least once time.
- Dried pork skin (Bì Khô): 100gr – Buy at Vietnamese Markets.
- Roasted rice, grinded (Thính Gạo): 100gr
- 600gr pork meat, cleaned and sliced into medium pieces.
- White wine and vinegar
- Spices: Fish sauce, salt, Maggi’s stuff, pepper, sugar, garlic
- Scallion, cleaned and sliced small
- Cucumber, coriander, scallion, carrot.
- Sliced chili
- Dipping sauce, you can follow the recipe to create it.
- Soak dried pork skin into water about 10 minutes.
- Boil the water, then pour dried pork skin into pot and soak about 3 minutes. Then, wash immediately in cold water. Wait to dry.
- Marinate pork meat with minced garlic + fish sauce + salt + pepper + sugar about 15 – 20 minutes. Add oil into pan, wait to hot, and add more minced garlic and fry until it is fragrant. Then, add sliced pork meat and fry about 5 minutes. Add more 1/3 bowl of water and simmer with small heat until water is out. Put fried pork meat on plate, wait to get cool and slice into long and thin pieces.
- Mix well sliced pork meat with roasted rice (Thính) together. And you shredded pork and skin is ready.
- Clean cucumber + coriander + scallion + carrot. Peel off the cover of carrot, slice long and thin pieces. Then soak it into water added a little vinegar + salt for 30 minutes before using. Slice cucumber into long and thin pieces. Next, slice coriander + scallion into short parts.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil into pan, wait to hot, add sliced scallion and fry quickly about 3 minutes. Then add a little salt before turn off the heat.
Cut across bread, spread a little mixture, then add shredded pork and skin + sliced cucumber + coriander (the most important herb to create a difficult flavor for Bánh Mì Vietnam) + sliced chili + pepper + mixture and dipping sauce. And you can enjoy Shredded Pork Skin with Bread now.