(Canh Bún) - One hot Shrimp and Pork Vermicelli Soup with Ong Choy bowl in mornings is never better.
The full stunning flavor in one bowl contains enough what you want in your life.
- 500gr pork bone (pork chop)
- ½ bowl dried shrimps
- ½ bowl pork meat (fresh shrimps or crab meat – it - depends on your flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons annatto seeds oil
- 2 – 3 slices tofu (200gr)
- 200gr pork blood (Huyết) – Buy at Vietnamese Markets
- Vegetables: Ong Choy (water spinach), bean sprout, salad, spring onion, basil, coriander, lemon, chili sauce.
- 2 tablespoons shrimp paste (Mắm Tôm) – Buy at Vietnamese Markets
- Spices: salt, sugar, pepper, Maggi’s stuff, dried purple onion.
- 500gr vermicelli.
- Clean carefully pork bone. Boil water and soak bone in 2 – 3 minutes. Next, clean again. Then, put bone into pot, pour more water (make sure it will cover all face of bone) and cook until it boils to have pork broth.
- Mix shrimp paste with a little cold water. Filter it and pour away dregs from shrimp paste. Next, pour slowly shrimp paste water into pork broth. Season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Soak dried shrimps into cold water about 10 minutes. Next, grind well
- Clean and slice thinly pork meat. Next, bring to grind well.
- To create a stunning flavor for one of traditional Vietnamese Noodle Recipes, you can use more fresh shrimp for cooking. Peel off the cover, pull out the black lines on their backs and grind well.
- Mix dried shrimp, grinded pork, grinded shrimp, eggs, dried purple onion, 1 teaspoon shrimp paste, a little pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar together. Wait in 10 – 15 minutes.
- Put away the hard parts of ong choy (water spinach), cut into short pieces. Clean with water added a little salt in 2 – 3 times. Boil water and soak ong choy in 4 -5 minutes.
- Next, soak immediately in cold water added ice to keep the green color of this vegetable.
- Fry tofu in hot oil and slice into small cubes. Clean pork blood, soak into boiled water in 2 – 3 minutes and slice into small cubes.
- Clean all vegetables with water added a little salt in 2 – 3 times. Wait to get dry.
- Soak vermicelli in cold water in 30 minutes. Next, bring to boil in hot water in 2 – 3 minutes. Then, wash immediately in cold water again to make sure they will not be stuck together.
- Use a clean pot, add 2 teaspoons annatto seeds oil and fry sliced purple onion until it is fragrant. Pour more broth pork in step 2 into pot. Continue add more 3 teaspoons annatto seeds oil and cook until it boils. Then, use spoon to scoop one by one mixture of shrimps and pork meat in step 6. Cook until it boils again.
- Next, add more sliced pork blood, fried tofu into pot, season to suit your flavor.
- Add vermicelli into bowl; pour hot pork broth and some sliced pork bloods, fried tofu, mixture shrimp pork, ong choy on face.
- When eating, sprinkle a little sliced coriander and basil. It can increase the specific flavor for Shrimp and Pork Vermicelli Soup with Ong Choy. Using with vegetables and some lemon drops, satay (chili paste), shrimp paste is my favorite choice.