(Cá Om Nấm và Cà Chua) - Simmered Fish with Mushrooms and Tomatoes comes from many stunning Vietnamese Cuisine. Using with boiled rice and hot soup you can create a traditional Vietnamese meal. Moreover, eating fish is much better with any meat.
The natural sweetness from mushrooms and tomatoes when is combined with fish will great a stunning flavor for your family meal.
- 1 fish (You can choose scad or mackerel fish)
- 1 – 2 tomatoes
- 150g straw mushrooms or king oyster mushrooms
- Sugar, fish sauce, salt, pepper, Magi’s stuff
Garlic, spring onion
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch, vegetable oil
- Clean carefully fish in 2 – 3 times in water added salt. Next, clean again in fresh water. Use paper napkin to absorb all water and use knife to slice gently some lines on its body. Add 1 teaspoon salt on your hand to spread around fish. Wait in 30 minutes.
- Next, use your hand again to spread well tapioca starch around fish. Make sure it will cover all face of fish.
- Heat the oil (1 tablespoon), fry fish (2 faces) in 5 – 7 minutes. Next, put on plate added paper napkin to absorb wasted oil.
- Clean tomatoes, slice fiber and use knife to grind preliminarily.
- Cut off the root of mushrooms, clean well and slice into medium pieces. Wait to dry.
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil, add minced garlic and fry until it is fragrant. Next, add more sliced tomatoes and fry until it is soft. Season with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Next, add more sliced mushrooms into pan and fry quickly in 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add fried fish in step 3 and cook more 10 – 15 minutes. Season with 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 2 teaspoons sugar, ½ teaspoon Magi’s stuff, cover the pan and continue to cook until they all combine together. Season for the last time to suit your flavor is here. When simmer, if water is nearly ran out, you should add more hot water instead of cold one.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle more sliced spring onion and pepper on face of food.
- Serve Simmered Fish with Mushrooms and Tomatoes with boiled rice and hot soup as you told above is a great choice.