(Bánh Dẻo Khoai Lang Tím) - Soft Purple Yam Cakes comes from many amazing Vietnamese Dessert Recipes is not only delicious, but also is really eye-catching.
The interesting flavor from rice flour and purplr yam cannot make you stop eating. If you want to create something new for your family dessert.
- 2 – 3 purple yam fruits
- Rice flour: 80gr
- Sticky rice flour: 30gr
- Sugar: 40gr
- Condensed milk: 2 tablespoons
- Grinded coconut meat: 50gr
- Peel off the cover of taro. Clean and slice into small cubes.
- Add sliced taro into pot, add more water (make sure it will cover the face of taro). Add more ½ teaspoon salt and cook until water nearly runs out and taro is soft. Turn off the heat. Use spoon to smash well taro. Wait to get cold.
- Mix sugar + rice flour + sticky rice flour + condensed milk together.
- Add more smashed taro into mixture. Use spoon to mix well.
- Use your hands to roll into small balls.
- Add some banana leaves on the bottom of steaming pot. Spread a little vegetable oil on face of leaves. Put one by one taro balls on pot. Do not put so close cause it will blow when cooked. Cover the pot and cook in 15 – 20 minutes with medium heat.
- After they are cooked, turn off the heat and roll through dried coconut meat.
- You can use wood stick to pin taro balls when eating. It can make Soft Purple Yam Cakes is more interesting.