(Mứt Khoai Lang Dẻo) - One of my favorite Vietnamese Cuisine on Tet Holiday is Soft Sweet Potato Jam. When visitors come to your house, you can serve it for them and I bet they will love it.
- Sweet potatoes: 3
- Sugar (depend on you):150gr
- Calcium hydroxide (Vôi Tôi): 10gr
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Peel off the cover of sweet potatoes. Soak into cold water added 1 teaspoon salt in 15 – 20 minutes. Slice sweet potatoes into thin circle shapes, then soak them into cold water continue before making jam.
- Mix calcium hydroxide with 2 liters cold water. Next, soak sliced sweet potatoes into water in 3 – 4 hours, clean them into cold water.
- Pour sliced sweet potatoes into basket, slowly pour sugar and soak until all sugar is melted. (3 – 4 hours). Sometime you should shake gently to make sure all sweet potatoes absorb all sugar. Here is also an important step to create one of stunning Vietnamese Food Recipes for Tet Holiday.
- Next, pour all mixture (in step 3) into pan, cook with small heat in 20 – 30 minutes. Sometime, you can use chopsticks to stir well. When sugar water is nearly ran out and slowly become dry on face of sweet potatoes. Continue stir well until sugar is dried. Turn off the heat.
- Put Soft Sweet Potato Jam on basket, wait to dry and put in jar.