(Bánh Chuối Hấp) - Steamed banana cake with a unique flavour from banana plus the coconut would create such a stunning dessert. The ingredients couldn’t be easier to find.
- 5 – 6 bananas (Asian type which you can see in the pictures below)
- Sliced coconut meat: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar: 80g
- Flour: 150g
- Water: 250ml
- An aluminium mould in which its diameter is 15cm; or you can use a ceramic bowl.
- Peel off the banana’s skin. You should choose ripe bananas.
- Boil water, add the bananas in and blanch it quickly. Then, take them out and put on the plates.
- Slice the bananas in which its thickness is around 0.8cm.
- Add water, flour and sugar in and stir it. Cook with medium heat, continue to stir until the mixture is warm then turn off the heat. By doing that, the mixture of flour will not sink to the bottom.
- Rub cooking oil all over the mould or ceramic bowl, put half of the bananas in, then pour the mixture in step 4 on the surface, pour about ½ of the mould.
- Sprinkle the sliced coconut meat on the surface. Put the shape into the steamer, cook with high heat, and seal the lid. Steam until the flour above is cooked, continue to put the remaining bananas and flour mixture in. Steam till the cake is cooked.
- After the cake is cooked, take it out of the steamer, let it cool off and put into the fridge in 1 -2 hours.
- Finally, you can enjoy Steamed banana cake.