(Cá Diêu Hồng Chưng Tương) - Steamed Red Tilapia with Soya Bean Jam is required you need to make and eat whole fish.
Do not waste any part from fish because it is really tasty and healthy, especially their eyes. Eating fish like eating crab when it still has cover. If you is stuck by fish bone, no worries, with one spoon of boiled rice, this problem will be solved.
- 1 red tilapia fish (500g)
- 1 slice fresh ginger
- Soya bean jam (Tương hột)
(Soya Bean Jam is found at Asian Markets. They are stored in small glass jars. You can use black bean jam instead if you want.)
- Minced purple onion
- Spring onion and chili, cleaned and sliced small.
- 5 jelly’s ear mushrooms, soaked and sliced small.
- Cassava vermicelli, soaked and cut into short pieces.
- Salt, pepper, sugar, and vegetable oil.
-Clean red tilapia with water added a little salt in 2 – 3 times. Soak in white rice wine to reduce its smell.
-Slice gently some lines on body’s fish. Marinate with a little salt + minced purple onion and white part of spring onion + vegetable oil and wait in 30 minutes.
- Put fish on plate, sprinkle sliced ginger, soya bean jam, cassava vermicelli, sliced jelly’s ear mushroom, pepper, chili, spring onion on face.
- Bring it to steam in 30 – 45 minutes.
- Using Steamed Red Tilapia with Soya Bean Jam with sour and chili sauce is perfect. My favorite choice is eating with boiled rice and hot soup.