Steamed Sticky Rice with Cassava (Xôi Sắn) is one of delicious Vietnamese Rice Recipes.
It is also a popular street food in North Area, Vietnam. Moreover, most people here add more Chinese Sausage when cooking it.
As you may know, cassava contains many fresh water inside which can help increase the lost water for your skin and body.
Ingredients- Sticky rice: 300gr
- Fresh cassava fruit; 300gr
- 2 Chinese sausage sticks
- Salt, vegetable oil, 20gr spring onion, 4 purple onions.
Process- Clean carefully sticky rice and soak in water in 3 – 4 hours. Next, clean again with water in 2 – 3 times.
- Peel off the cover of cassava fruit. Clean and slice small cubes. Next, soak in cold water added a little salt in 3 – 4 hours. Then, clean again with water.
- Mix sticky rice with cassava and 1 teaspoon salt and bring all to steam. To create one of stunning Vietnamese Dish Recipes, in steaming process, sometimes you should sprinkle water on face of sticky rice. Steam in 35 – 45 minutes.
- Soak Chinese sausage in hot water in 5 – 6 minutes and bring to clean again with water. Next, slice into small cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil, add more sliced purple onion and fry until it is fragrant. Then, add more sliced Chinese sausage into pan and fry in 5 minute. Next, add sliced spring onion + 1 teaspoon salt and stir well in 2 – 3 minutes.
- When serving, add steamed sticky rice on plate, add more filling on face. You can add more soya sauce, dried purple onion and meat floss if you want.